“Equus Lost? Dare to change perspective for the good of the horse”
is an adventurous, life boosting, Online seminar, brought to you as life exchange by José
De Giorgio-Schoorl, one of the authors of the book Equus Lost?
(aka The Cognitive Horse). An inspiring ‘plea’ for liberation to be able to break through anthropocentric filters, untangling a spiderweb to find your own curiosity back again – for yourself and for everyone you live with.
Ever more busy with ‘trying to become’, we completely forget that we already ‘are’ someone: born to be in dialogue with life. The same happens with other animals living with us: instead of preserving others for who they are – we try to ensure they adapt to a human coexistence.
“Much of what I did was trying to fit into an accepted and expected way of being within an established equestrian world. There was always a right and a wrong way to do things and I tried to conform as best I could.” – M.H.
This circle reasoning of adapting, brings everyone far away from their own being in life, and the ability to share life: Growing in a shared culture. The ability to ‘see’ life and the information coming from experiencing the world, from the dynamics with those you live with and from your (shared) experiences.
For everyone interested in growing in a coexistence with other animals, to preserve the essence of being oneself, instead of adapting to an established society.
• For anyone stuck in a conventional context – trying to improve, but not knowing how to step out of the anthropocentric paradigm.
• To be able to go beyond, and not (unintentionally) ending up with just another, more subtle way, of being in charge of the story you should be able to write together, to have horses write stories among themselves.
• To understand how to facilitate dynamics with others.
• To go beyond a mere ‘duty of care to animal needs’, which is actually often still a strong anthropocentric mask; as writing stories together requires ‘being experienced’. It means know how to go on an adventure together, where there is not a human thinking for someone else – but two emancipated animals, thinking alongside each other.
• To enjoy the possibility to go on a journey of discovery, of liberation – no matter what age, no matter what background.
Learning Animals means having a desire to evolve towards new horizons, in which we can decentralise ourselves, to find the space of an interaction based on shared experiences – in which everyone involved can partake in each others adventures.
The Online seminar is an introduction, to understand that it is possible to evolve, even if everything seems to be defined in an anthropocentric worldview. An eye-opening occasion to get an idea what it really means when we talk about a paradigm change.
• the possibility to break with the limitation of defined by species, or by any given label
• recognise how the tendency of ‘doing the right thing’ risks to become an obstacle towards subjectivity (ending up in objectifying others)
• become aware of an experience potential and how much you tend to miss during a day
Some former experiences of participants:
• A refreshing ‘mental earthquake’
• Fantastic afternoon of learning and mental gymnastics
And linked to Equus Lost? • brings more to the thought of relationships with horses. Like everything we humans ‘do’ we forget to just ‘be’. Being with our horses proves that it is an accomplishment in itself.
Time and date: Saturday the 4th of September | 16:30 – 19:30 CET | (09:30-12:30 CT, check for your timezone !)
Platform: Zoom – The link will be send to you after registration
Contribution in the form of a 20 Euro donation to our current crowdfunding campaign being in the midst of an phenomenal change !
Please write us an email message if you are interested: firstname.lastname@example.org – and check your timezone ! The seminar will be interactive, and therefor not recorded.
A LITTLE MORE
When looking at horses (or any other nonhuman animal living close to human), society, in the same way, is still very much used to simply ignore, or one is oblivious of the fact that, -that- horse, is someone already, when they are born. They are put instead through a process of habituation, of separation, of desensitization, continuous exposure to the pressure of human expectations, exposed to other horses, as if the confrontation of belonging to the same spaces, makes up for having lost themselves – amputated from their own understanding of the world around, their life in the world, up to the point that they are not someone anymore, they become a vague presence, for which in recent years a torrent of behavioral masters (=techniques of behavioral manipulation) have started to tell people how they should make their horses behave to be able to ‘exist’ in life, to fill the void of something caused by human in the first place.
And by doing so, people desensitise themselves, again, too busy in trying to do the right thing, to get to the right outcome, for the sake of a ‘happy’ image. Too wrapped up in the ideologies of this modern society and the make-belief that ‘adapting to life’ is more important than the ability to explore life, together, to be able to grow in a culture of yourself, to own your experiences – you human animal, a horse, but also a dog, a cat, a pig, a chicken and so on.
No one is born to become a representative of a species, of a label, of a race. You are born to become YOU.